Tuesday, August 7, 2007

LIFTED - Vipassana Meditation

whether its doja or yoga we all get lifted


For those of you out there interested in different ways and methods to elevate your mind and spirit, here is a method I came across recently.

http://www.dhamma.org/

Here is a small excerpt:

Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art of Living.
The technique of Vipassana Meditation is taught at ten-day residential courses during which participants learn the basics of the method, and practice sufficiently to experience its beneficial results.
There are no charges for the courses - not even to cover the cost of food and accommodation. All expenses are met by donations from people who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the opportunity to also benefit.



***A method I also found interesting which I came across on one of the best websites ever ( www.shroomery.org ) One forum member mentioned thinking of yourself thinking of something as a form of meditation. I did this briefly and it totally put me where I needed to be. HAPPY DAY

No comments: